Outdoor Challenge Course
The outdoor challenge course is designed to support groups working together to accomplish a variety of challenges. These challenges serve as metaphors to what groups may experience when working together in various settings. Our challenge course staff will work with you to create a custom program to meet the needs of your group’s specific goals.
Students, faculty, staff, and community members are invited to utilize the outdoor challenge course as an opportunity to engage their office, department, student organization, corporation, etc. in a unique learning environment. Learning experiences are typically geared towards building relationships, effective communication, trust, responsibility and camaraderie.
Our High Element Challenge Course is designed to allow participants an opportunity to develop and utilize trust and communication while creating strong team bonds as they move through a variety of elements as a group. This course features elements ranging from 25 to 40 feet in the air as well as a dual zip-line.
In addition to the Odyssey Course, we have a Dynamic element course
- The leap of faith element involves a participant climbing to the top of a telephone pole and leaping in an attempt to ring a bell secured to a tether. During their climb and “leap” from the top of the pole, participants are secured with climbing ropes which are attached to 6 participants below them, on the ground, who not only work together to support them during their climb, but also work in tandem with our staff to secure them on their descent.
- For the dynamic elements, participants will climb a pole to the element, then they will traverse the element using only the provided ropes. They will be secured to a staff member on the ground, who will belay them down after completing the element. Team mates will cheer them on, and help them problem solve as they traverse elements.
The low element course consists of a series of ground activities and initiatives that are designed to promote team building and group development. Your team will work together to accomplish various tasks that require them to utilize those skills that makeup “Teamwork”. After each activity facilitators will lead a group discussion to help the team better understand their own group dynamics, strengths, how they may be able to capitalize on opportunities, and apply new skills and knowledge to life beyond the challenge course.
The Indoor Challenge Course is located in the Flanagan Gymnasium and is open to Syracuse University faculty, staff and students only. Programming options include high climbing elements as well as ground level team activities and initiatives. Our facilitators will work with your group to design a custom program that meets your needs.
Portable team building programs allow us to deliver a program to the location of your choice. Our facilitation staff will work with you to develop a customized program that will meet the specific needs and goals of your group. Our portable programs can vary and are based on: the size of the group, size of the space, time frame, and program goals.
Common Portable Programs Include:
- Urban and Campus Adventures
- Leadership Assessments
- Theme based workshops (i.e. built around a single specific goal such as Social Justice)
- Traditional team building activities and initiatives
For more information on our Portable programs please Contact Us.
***New Option!*** We have recently teamed up with SKYTOP Aerials, LLC. to bring a unique and customized video option of your time on the ropes course! You can now receive drone video footage of your group working through the course and relive the experience again and again! If you have specific shots you would like, moments you’d like captured, or just a general overview of the experience, you’ve got it! Please let us know if you are interested and we will provide you with more details.
Click link for a sample video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b2ISYEDwio5JMup7TSiGpoS16WRxaxAp/view?usp=sharing